Saturday, September 10, 2011

Disclaimer: Not a Game

I had a great idea. How about a charity/government funded advertising campaign that goes like this.

Text on Screen:"Money can buy happiness"
Shows somebody having fun with a moderately expensive gadget or w/e, looks like an ad.
The word happiness gets replaced with a number of other positive things you can buy with money.
Each one gets a brief clip of that thing being wonderful.
Then a break.
Text on Screen changes: "Money can't buy        "
"Peace" and it shows people fighting over territory or oil or something
"Love" and it's a poor couple holding hands
"Fulfillment" and it's someone writing a book, or something (ideas?)
"Health" and it shows a scientist doing research with test tubes and/or petri dishes
"Everything" starts on a happy person, the zooms out farther and father until it shows the world in space.

If you have any ideas for more things to add that money can/can't buy. I'd love to hear them in the comments. The main idea behind this advertisement would be to remind people, (on the same level where they usually get told to buy, buy, by) that money isn't the most important thing in their life.

Oh, and as far as feasibility, I've seen a lot of government funded posters/billboards that promote basic decency and stuff, so it's not implausibly, especially in bigger cities, that someone would actually go for getting this made. If we(or just me) do a lot of work on this, I can show it to my dad, and if it's good, he'd probably be able to get me in touch with who I'd need to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment